Here are the best places to study in Birmingham with free Wi Fi:
Local Coffee Shops
These are likely to be crowded this time of year, but if you can get there and get a plug, these are the coolest places to be.
- Urban Standard
- Red Cat
- Crestwood Coffee
- Revelator Coffee
- East 59 Coffee
- Church Street Coffee
- O Henrys
Special Places in Birmingham (be a tourist AND study)
- Railroad Park – This is a perfect place to study on these gorgeous spring days
- Vulcan Park
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens (the library there has free wifi and it reaches in some spots outside near the library)
Chains Where You Can Hang
- Panera Bread (Note: The one in Vestavia is usually packed with Samford Students. The one at the Summit is usually fairly student free.)
- Barnes and Noble
- Buffalo Wild Wings
Beyond the School Library
- Jefferson County Libraries: Beyond the school libraries, the local Jefferson County outlets offer WiFi and many have quiet spots outside where the WiFi will reach. The newer libraries in the system have lots of plugs available. It may be worth your while to leave Southside for the comfort….and plugs.
- Private Study Rooms at The Vestavia Library in the Forest- Light and airy private study rooms upstairs with tables and outlets, but you need to get there early to get one. It opens at 9am.
- Hoover Library is far enough from most of the universities that you probably won’t run into that cute girl from class that is a distraction plus it has a café and lots of plugs in the floor.