Italian Skillet Pasta
12 oz Italian sausage, cut into bite sized pieces
1 can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained
1 can (8 oz) Tomato Sauce
1-1/4 cups hot water
8 ounces pasta of your choice
1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1 pkg (6 oz) baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Brown the sausage in a non stick skillet.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, seasoning and pasta. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in spinach until it wilts. Stir in cheese until melted.
5. Serve with more cheese sprinkled on top.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Fresh Brussels Sprouts
Favorite seasonings (I use Lawryʼs seasoning salt and Zoeʼs Kitchen Seasoning)
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. Trim and cut smaller sprouts in half and larger ones in quarters. Toss in a bowl with other ingredients, coat completely.
3. Place evenly in one layer on a backing sheet lined with foil.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
Feel free to change up spices/seasonings. This recipe is also great with garlic and/or onion.
Amy Poore is a new mom, a wife and a foodie. To see more of Amy's delicious recipes, visit her blog, Poore Amy, at www.pooreamy.com
Photos: Amy Poore