There were 210 student-athletes (67 percent) who earned a 3.0 or better during the fall semester, with 46 earning a perfect 4.0 GPA (15 percent). The women's golf team claimed top honors with the highest team GPA of 3.75.
Ten of the 17 Blazer Athletics teams posted their highest fall semester team GPA in three years.
"Our student-athletes have worked extremely hard in the classroom this semester and their GPA's and graduation are a direct reflection of their efforts," said Fernandez West, Associate Athletics Director for Student-Athlete Services. "I want to thank them for representing UAB's alumni, faculty and administration with the utmost honor for the Green and Gold. I also want to thank the staff of the Don M. & Marsha Hoke Hire Student-Athlete Academic Center for their efforts in helping these students realize their academic and graduation goals."
These 17 current or former student-athletes earned their degrees on Saturday, December 12th:
- Miranda Burroughs, Early Childhood Education (Honors in Education)
- Dequindre Adams, Communication Studies
- Tevin Crews, Mass Communication Studies
- Myles McKee, Communication Studies
- Nathan Weston, Communication Studies
- Jarvis Wright, Finance
- Darcy Hyatt, Marketing
- Megan Collins, Kinesiology
- Ashley Naumoff, Communication Studies
- Stewart Abrahart, Economics (Business Honors)
- Sandy Gbandi, History
- Cole Iverson, Economics
- Amy Dennis, Kinesiology
- Donovan McSeveney, Finance
Women's Track & Field
- Kendra Gipson, Health Education
- Leslie Ekpe, Communication Management
- Bethanie Thomas, Civil Engineering
For more information on all Blazer sports teams follow the official social media accounts of UAB Athletics on Twitter (@UABAthletics), on Facebook (Facebook.com/UAB.Blazers), on Instagram (@uabathletics) or on Snapchat (@uabathletics).
Special Thanks to UAB Athletics