Heading to Arizona? We look at the variety of travel and game packages available...it's a lot (via Crimson Magazine)
Courtesy of Crimson Magazine
Are you planning to be in Glendale, Arizona on January 11 to see this year’s College Football Playoff final contest at University of Phoenix Stadium between the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Clemson Tigers?
If you are and you don’t have the trip planned yet, likely a lot of people given the relatively short turnaround compared to the BCS years, then there is no shortage of options from which to choose.
With prices ranging from around $500 to over $7000 per ticket (according to StubHub) there is a wide gap from low to high and that is just for the tickets, so accommodations and travel are another factor.
There are also integrated packages available. Local Birmingham provider, Colonnade Group, has packages that include prime mid-field seat locations/private suites, pregame hospitality, gift bags or merchandise vouchers plus other VIP amenities. Their packages range in price from $6000 for a single Club Level (Sidelines 200 Level Between the 30’s) attendee with:
- Exclusive Postgame Photo Opportunity (Take photos on the Field)
- Game Day Hospitality Experience
- Pregame hospitality to be held at premium in-stadium venue (open three hours pregame)
- Full premium menu and top-shelf open bar
- Collegiate football legends appearances
- Interactive entertainment elements
- Official College Football Playoff gift bag
- Official game program or program voucher
- Souvenir College Football Playoff lanyard with ticket sleeve
- Preferred Playoff Premium stadium parking (parking fees not included)
- Accommodations (Check in Saturday, January 9, 2016 & Check out Tuesday, January 12, 2016)
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess,
- JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa,
- Omni Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Montelucia,
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, or
- The Westin Kierland Resort and Spa.
Without a package, accommodations will likely be in short supply, but at last check Expedia still had several options in the Phoenix area from around $100 per night and of course it is easy to spend more.
As for travel to and from Glendale, well, there is the full gamut of Planes, Trains and Automobiles available and quite a variety of each.
For those that are looking at the $7000 tickets or a premium package from the Colonnade group a private jet might be a good option. Of course, there are options here too…from about $50,000* each way for a Gulf Stream V or $20,000** each way for a the most popular option, a Citation XLS.
If the private jet option seems a bit pricey, then there are group charter options too. Aviation Services Group Inc. of Birmingham is offering two same day charters to Phoenix for the College Football Championship Game on January 11th. According to their website, the first plane is sold out, but there is still room on the second plane. The cost is $1050.00 per person, which includes round trip airfare, ground transfers and parking.
And, Traditional airline tickets are available from about $350 per person round trip.
However, if you would rather stay planted on the ground, then Greyhound can get you to and from Glendale for around $170…although it will take a couple of days each direction.
So, for the budget conscience a bus ride, with “cheap” seats and budget accommodations will run around $1000 for the three day experience, but don’t forget food, local cab fare, and souvenirs of course.
If you want to travel in high style, then $100,000 would be a good place to start, but most of that will be spent on your private jet. However, if you opt for a group charter flight, then you can probably have a pretty awesome time for under $10,000, a relative bargain by comparison.
With almost 40,000 people expected to be in the stadium rooting for the Crimson Tide, that group will be shelling out between $40,000,000 and $400,000,000 for the privilege of watching the Tide go for its 16th National Championship and the fourth in seven years.
*Based on an average flight of 6 hours and an estimated cost of $8,640 per hour
**Based on an average flight of 6 hours and an estimated cost of $3,388 per hour
Courtesy of Crimson Magazine
Latest from Super User
- Dec. 30 to Jan. 2 Birmingham Life Time Open to Public & Hosts Commitment Day 5K on Jan. 1
- Alabama Students Traveling To San Diego For FCCLA Champioships And 2016 Leadership Event
- The Birmingham Zoo to Host 2nd Annual Zoo, Brews and Full Moon BBQ Event
- Spotlight: Bobby A. Hill, CPA - Beck & Hill, LLC
- Best Spots to Launch My Boat near Birmingham?